We at Hunters Pride would love to welcome you and get to know you. We understand that planning a safari is a long process and that somewhere along the way, you do forget something, no matter how hard you try. Therefore we have established a short list for you just to help you with the basic stuff.
What to bring along on the hunting trip
· Flash light
· Sun protection lotion (We suggest an SPF of 30 to 50)
· Lip balm
· Bow or rifle
· Bow or rifle accessories
· Camouflage clothes
· Casual clothing and shoes for evenings, leisure time and travel
· Two pairs of hunting boots
· Two pairs of long pants for hunting
· Variety of short and long sleeved shirts for hunting
· Warm sweaters ( if safari is any time from April to August)
A light jacket for wind or rain
· A warm jacket( if safari is any time from April to August
· Thermal underwear
· Gloves (functional for hunting)
· Bathing suit
· Flashlight and batteries
· Camera and film and/or video camera, tapes and charger
· Bag or pack for taking personal items on hunt
· Leather belt and ammunition pouch
Namibia is located in the south-west of Africa, bordering South Africa to the south, Botswana to the east, Angola to the north and the Atlantic Ocean forming the whole western border.
Situated on the latitude of 17’ and 29’ S and longitude 11’ and 26’ E, the Tropic of Capricorn runs through Namibia. Namibia, which consists of an area of 824 269 square kilometer and a population of 2 184 091 people (2011), has the second lowest population density in the world (2.1 people/square kilometer).
Of these people 35% lives in urban areas while 65% in rural, making Namibia the safest country in Africa.
Namibia’s economy is formed out of agriculture, herding, tourism and the mining industry. The capital, and largest city in Namibia, is Windhoek and the official language is English, but Afrikaans and German are also widely spoken.
Namibia was a German colony before its independence on 21 March 1990.
Namibia has a multi-party parliament democracy and a very stable political structure. Political stability and a flourishing democracy are the benchmarks of the country’s successful transition from apartheid-colonialism. The 21 years of peace, stability and progress has enabled the Government of the Republic of Namibia to focus on trade, investments and other socio-economic challenges and, developments with as many partners, the world over.
Winter (June to August) is dry with temperatures between -5’C to 20’C and Summer
( December to February) is rainy with temperatures up to 30’C.
The popular tourist attractions are Etosha National Park, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, the Caprivi Strip and the Namib Desert. The name Namibia is derived from the Namib Desert which is the oldest desert in the world.
Namibian Airlines offers reliable, safe and efficient air travel and lost baggage are not an issue. All international flights land at Hosea Kutako International Airport, direct flights are the safest.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings & Cancellation
No Deposit required to confirm bookings.
Use AIR TICKET as Confirmation.
Please make sure of Hunting Date before you book an Air ticket.
Full amount is payable upon completion of the hunt.
Travel insurance is the responsibility of the Client himself.
Full deposits can be carried forward for Safaris of a later date.
When re-booked for the following year, new price list will be applied.
We do not accept any cheques, ONLY cash, credit cards and bank swift payments.
Pre Booking of Mounted trophies can be arranged with Hunters Pride Taxidermy
Daily Rates Include
· Services of a licensed hunting guide
· Tracker and Skinner
· Hunting Vehicle and support team
· Field preparation of trophies
· Delivery of trophies to local taxidermist or shipping agent
· Transport from International Airport to lodge and back.
· Full accommodation with catering and laundry service
· Meals and non alcoholic drinks
· All hunting permits and licences
· 15% VAT included
Daily Rates Exclude
· Cost per animal hunted and fees for animals wounded and lost
· Rented rifle (Ammunition will be charged extra)
· All alcoholic beverages
· Gratuities to Staff
· The preparation, packing , documentation and export of trophies from Namibia by a Taxidermy and trophy shipping cost.
· Transfers to other hunting areas or tourist attractions by clients request
· Any air travel
· Pre- and post- safari accommodation and meals
· Air charters
· All other items of personal nature
· Any other tours in Namibia
· INSURANCE AND MEDICAL EXPENSES
We take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety, well-being and satisfaction of our clients. We also maintain the insurance policies that are required under Namibian law. We accept however, no liability for accidents, personal injury, illness, travel delays, damage to or loss of clients' personal property (such as firearms, luggage and camera equipment).
The client is obliged to notify the Outfitter of any special medical health conditions (i.e.: heart problems, diabetics, asthma, allergies, etc.) at least ten (10) days prior to the arrival date.